During this micro-lesson, it was a great opportunity to dive deeply into the job role of teaching. It provided an opportunity for me to gain practice before beginning my two-week practicum. During this presentation, I wanted to focus on two things. One being that my presentation was clear and secondly, that I provided examples for students to grasps these math concepts through the beauty of exploration. This is very important as a teacher candidate because if the content is not clear for students to grasp, then my job as a teacher was not successful.
That being said, the importance of setting clear expectations was very important here. The notion of time management is a significant aspect to teaching that is normally looked over. Knowing how to provide an enticing introduction, an educational body with a meaningful conclusion is my personal approach and philosophy to teaching a subject. Working with Taha, Josh and Andy also introduced the concept of teamwork. Being able to work collaboratively with other like-minded teacher candidates was another positive take home message when completing this assignment. This assignment relates to teaching in the real world because as teachers, the importance of coming together and sharing relatable knowledge is always important.
With the beauty of technology and resources, being able to collaborate with other teachers in real life will always be a refreshing feeling. I know while working my parttime job, if I needed assistance in an area, I was not too familiar with, I would always ask for help. Most times, the help will be received and I end up feeling a sense of relief as my colleague was able to lend a helping hand to assist me. As I conclusion, I can personally say I learned a lot from his assignment with relations to my presentation skills. From time to time, I tend to mumble and stutter over my words when I become nervous. So, this time around, I wanted to pace myself and really take this time to be critical.
The feedback from my audience members was that I was very clear in my delivery and I spoke to them like I was actually their students. This was the feeling I was going for as I wanted this experience to translate right into my two-week practicum. I thank them for their feedback because as teacher candidate, there is always room for improvement.

No comments:
Post a Comment